Feb 1, 2016

Currently on Wattpad


It's been two weeks since I posted my YA contemporary to Wattpad. I must say, I am now addicted to the site. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the most out of my posting experience. After reading a book on there called "Cracking the Wattpad Code" by Michael Limjoco, I've changed the title from THEN THERE WAS US to STALKER LOVE. According to Limjoco, simpler, more literal titles work best on the site. We'll see if there's any change in reads.

Updated to add: After going back and forth with the titles, I've decided to stick with the original.

I've also changed the cover multiple times. It was important to me that I had a cover I could share, so using just any image wouldn't do. I downloaded a photo from StockSnap.io, fiddled around with it in Fotor, and finally came up with something I think is pleasing to the eye. I liked it so much I shared it on Twitter. I also updated the cover for the short story I wrote for a Teen Fiction Community contest. I've you're struggling to create an appealing cover, I highly recommend Canva as well. It's easy to use and has lots of free templates. I could spend hours on that site, too. In fact, I have.

 

All in all, I'm having fun on Wattpad. The community there is wonderful. That's another thing I've realized. Being active in the community is vital if you want to do well. The clubs sometimes have great discussions, full of tips and tricks to help you and your story. Don't be shy to say hello. The teen fiction community is one of the largest on Wattpad. There's a vast array of books to read. Some of them are quite good. If you have the time, check out a story called "The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones." It broke my heart in the best way. I'm looking forward to what the coming weeks have in store for me and my stories.

In other news, I managed to complete one of my New Year's resolutions. I finished the YARWA editing course. I now feel confident enough to move on to the other chapters. *does a happy dance*

If you've been on Wattpad, what was the experience like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment