children's writer

The Books we Love

Dec 6, 2015

Quick, if you were stranded on an island with just one book what book would it be? I'm still scratching my head to that one. So far I have thirteen books on my favorite shelf on Goodreads. No doubt, I'll be adding more in the coming year. Now I admit I don't have the most extensive book collection. I only own one shelf, but on that shelf are some of the best books I've ever read. My most favorite are pictured above. It isn't surprising they all have common themes: love, hope, and friendship. There's this quote that I really love about good books going on whispering to you from your shelf. I find this more than true. Months later, I find myself wanting to revisit these books.

 I don't think they'll ever let me go.
2 comments on "The Books we Love"
  1. I absolutely ADORE The Book Thief!! It's been one of my favourite books in the entire universe. :') And I really want to read Jellico Road one day because Melina Marchetta is fabulous. I have no idea what book I'd pick to be stranded with. :O Probably The Raven Boys...because I feel like I can never get sick of it?!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All hail The Book Thief! It's so magnificent. And Melina Marchetta is fabulous. I would love to be stranded with The Raven Boys. Give me more Ronan Lynch.

      Delete