Dec 5, 2015

Quotes From my Journal


A while ago I got this idea from DIY MFA to start a new journal. I was listening to their podcast and the host mentioned keeping a journal for lines from books and poems she loved. I thought that was a pretty neat idea. I took out one of my old, ratty notebooks and filled two pages with quotes. I did abandon it shortly after, but I'd like to get back to it in the new year. It's truly a wonderful idea. I wanted to share a few of the lines I've written down so far.
"...the sea and stardust speak to me, kindred spirits calling me home."   
"Even the sea feels lonely at times."
"The sun was in her hair, where it stayed until she combed it out that night."
"Oh my friend, all that you see of me is a shell, the rest belongs to love."
"People or stars regard me sadly. I disappoint them." 
"A country road. A tree. Evening."
Most of the time, I didn't write down the author of these quotes in my journal. Five points if you can guess who wrote them. I find it hard to articulate why I love these lines so much. I just do. I'll definitely be sharing more in the future.

As you may have noticed, I've changed the name of my blog to Tales and Tattles. I'd been thinking about changing it for a while and spent a good part of this morning trying to come up with a new one. I wanted something catchy and that matched the general theme of this blog. I hope you guys like it. I wasn't feeling inspired by this space anymore, and now I am. There will be many more posts in its future.

No comments:

Post a Comment