Dec 3, 2015

End of the Year Reads


My Goodreads stats says I've only read eighteen books this year. My goal was thirty. If there's one bookish fact you guys should know about me it's that I'm a really slow reader. This year has been better reading wise than others. I'm currently in the middle of three great books.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen as an eBook, and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater on audio. I'm enjoying them immensely, but there's still so many books I'd like to get to, still so many worlds I haven't explored yet.

I do wish I could read faster. In fact, if I had to have a superpower it would be the ability to read a book in under an hour and retain all of the information. Just imagine how many books you could read if that were possible, thousands. I have made great progress on my fall reading goals in general. I can't say the same for my other goals, but I'm still pretty happy with my progress.

I don't think I'll finish all of these by the end of the month. I'll probably still be reading them well into the new year, which is more than okay with me.


Savvy by Ingrid Law - This is basically a classic in children's literature. I was so lucky to find a copy at my library's book sale. I love middle grade fiction. It's so full of possibilities.

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - Of course I couldn't finish up the year without reading another classic. I've heard nothing but great things about this one and it was another library sale book.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman - I love anything to do with magic. That's all you need to know.

Rules of Civility by Amor Towles - A writer I admire mentioned this book a while ago. I haven't read nearly enough historical fiction. I am excited to dive in.

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma - I am deeply inspired by Nova Ren Suma. I enjoy reading her blog, and I've heard her books are phenomenal.

Bone Gap by Laura Ruby - I've certainly fallen in love with magical realism. This book has gotten some rave reviews. I don't doubt that I'll love it.


Have you read any of these? What are some of your end of the year reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment