children's writer

NaNo Update: Week Two

Nov 16, 2015

Here are my note cards with scenes on them. I've started to outline.

*Does a happy dance* It's the end of the second week and I'm doing well. So well. I'm on track to finish by the 30th and I couldn't be happier. Now I know that the only thing that was standing in the way of me winning NaNo in the past few years was me. But it's still early and I don't want to jinx myself. I'm going to give it all that I have to make it to the finish line.

I'm currently at 23k. Last week I didn't surpass the word count goal but that's okay. I'm happy as long as I can update my word count every day. I've been in such a great mood writing this novel. I've allowed myself to go back and read what I have so far. I know that's a no no, but I wasn't too disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this story needs a lot of work. A lot! I'm already looking forward to the next few months of editing and making it the very best it can be.

My biggest inspiration this week, like the last, has been you guys. You guys are rocking your word counts. I also wanted to share this new cover I made. It kind of stinks, but making art for my writing helps the words flow.


My goal for next week is to write the amount of words I need every day to hit 50k. It's my goal for every week this month. I can't believe we'll be at 30k soon. November only just started. Right? Well, it's flying by. Some people have already won NaNo. Oh how I wish to be them.
Post Comment
Post a Comment