children's writer

NaNo Update: Week One

Nov 9, 2015

Here's a picture of index cards and pushpins. It doesn't really have anything to do with this post, but I'm trying to take more photos for this blog.

Week one of NaNo is complete! I managed to keep up, despite not writing anything on Saturday. I was up since two o'clock Sunday morning determined to catch up. I ended up with a little over three thousand words that day. That's a personal best for me.

But although I am on target to finish by November 30th, I would like to kick things up a notch. Some of you guys have already hit the halfway mark. Wow! That's some great motivation.

I've settled into a new routine of writing anywhere between six-thirty and ten in the morning. It's helped a ton. I know when I sit down it's time to get to work. MAGICAL MISFORTUNE is coming along quite nicely. I find the scenes I love to write most are the ones with magic in them. My main character is a witch and it's been fun seeing how I could get her to do some hexes.

Needless to say, I'm having a blast. This is the best NaNo ever.


How are you guys doing? Do you think you'll win this time around? I'd love to know. 
2 comments on "NaNo Update: Week One "
  1. Good luck with NaNo! Love your photo. I wish I was more of a index card user. You all make it look like so much fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Cole! I am having a blast writing. Index cards really help to organize scenes. They're great!

      Delete