Nov 29, 2015

I Won NaNoWriMo


I've officially won NaNoWriMo! *throws confetti* I won at 50,016 words. I still can't believe how quickly the month flew by. We say that every month, don't we? Looking back now, it's amazing how different my actual novel is compared to what I originally thought it was going to be.

Despite it not being what I thought it was going to be, I am still in like with the story. If there's anything I've learned this NaNo, it's that every novel comes with its own set of challenges, every story is an opportunity to learn and grow as a writer. I'm glad that I stuck with it.

Right now I think I need a break from the story. I've decided to spend at least two weeks away from it, although a month would be ideal. In the past, I've had such a tough time staying away. I really am exhausted this time around. NaNoWriMo is tough you guys. I'm not surprised it took five years since joining the competition for me to actually win.

I have a feeling that the story needs a lot of work, especially the ending. I'm honestly not entirely happy with it. I hope some distance will help with that. Now that NaNo is over, I'll like to get back to blogging about other things, books and inspiration for other writing projects.

I hope you guys will stick around.

Oh, and next month I'll be participating in the Write Type CP Match.

4 comments: