children's writer

Currently...

Nov 2, 2015
I do hate when I miss a post. It makes my blog look so barren. This week will be much better, and what a better way to kick off the month of November but with a Currently post.

Loving...
Vanessa Carlton, a singer I've loved since childhood, recently released her newest album. I'm loving her new single "Willows." It's so haunting.


Reading...
I'm currently reading way too many books at once. The one that I'm really enjoying though is All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I'm only about one hundred pages in, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'll make sure to keep a box of tissues close.

Watching...
I've mostly been watching Bob's Burgers on Netflix, but I did check out Scream Queens during a marathon they were having on Saturday night and I did find it entertaining. I liked how they wove in a bit of humor alongside the more gruesome elements.

Thinking about...
Yesterday was the first day of NaNoWriMo, and I somehow managed to write two thousand words. Guys, for me, that's a new record. I've never written so many words in one sitting before. Usually I would aim for one thousand words and call it a day, but I knew I needed to kick things up a notch. I'm off to a great start, and I hope to keep the momentum. I did change my NaNo project at the last minute. I won't say much about it, but I made a cover using Canva.



Anticipating...
I'm not anticipating much, except to make it to the end of this manuscript come the end of November.

Making Me Happy...
Writing, telling stories, is making me so happy right now.
2 comments on "Currently..."