Oct 6, 2015

On A Bookish Date:Tuck Everlasting

On A Bookish Date is a meme in which I share my love for books and cure my style cravings.


Doomed to - or blessed with - eternal life after drinking from a magic spring, the Tuck family wanders about trying to live as inconspicuously and comfortably as they can. When ten-year-old Winnie Foster stumbles on their secret, the Tucks take her home and explain why living forever at one age is less a blessing that it might seem. Complications arise when Winnie is followed by a stranger who wants to market the spring water for a fortune.

I recently read Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. This book had been on my to-read list for a while and last week I finally took it out of the library. I'm so glad I did. The writing was magnificent, so full of life. There were many wonderful lines, the very first being my favorite. It's amazing how Natalie Babbitt was able to craft such a tale in so few words. Winnie Foster has become one of my favorite heroines. I loved her relationship with the Tuck family and I did hope that she and Jesse would get their happy ending. Still, the ending was perfect for the story. Tuck Everlasting really makes you wonder what magic is in our own world. What if there was truly a spring such as the one in the novel and a family like the Tucks? What then.

For my date with this book, I would wear a plaid skirt and burgundy turtleneck to keep me nice and warm on a walk through the park or at my favorite table at a cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment