Sep 25, 2015

Beginnings and a New Chapter

I have no Idea what I'm going to do with this story once it's complete. I'm only about two chapters in and already the familiar doubts are setting in. I wonder if I should even continue or start something new. This has been an issue ever since I finished my last novel. I have this urge to write something spectacular, but I have this feeling that what I'm working on isn't it.

Although, like with all of my stories, there are things that I love about my WIP. I love that it was inspired by one of my favorite movies of all time, Howl's Moving Castle. I love the name of my main character, Tati. I love that I get to write about the stars again, falling in love, falling out of love, and discovering that sometimes what you thought you wanted isn't what's best for you. So I guess I have found a story that I can work with. It's just a matter of seeing it through to the end. 

I keep going back to tinker with the first chapter, forgetting that first drafts aren't meant to be perfect. Beginnings are always so daunting. I have so far to go, but as my favorite quote says,"I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart." 

I've recently changed the title of my Wattpad story to THE WHIMSICAL LIFE OF TATI MORROW and I created some new covers.


You can read the first and second chapters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment