Aug 19, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Wink Poppy Midnight

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke.




Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?

Someone knows.

Someone is lying.



So I read an excerpt of this and I absolutely loved the writing. It's everything I would want in a book, just beautiful. The story seems like it'll be quite an adventure, too. I can't wait to pick this one up next year. Next year seems so far away.

8 comments:

  1. The cover is the first thing that grabs my attention, but then the synopsis makes me want this book even more. Great choice.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check out the excerpt online. It's lovely!

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds awesome. I am definitely adding this to the TBR for nothing else but the creeptastic/awesome book summary.

    My WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-suicide-of-claire.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I love it when you have a book to look forward to. There are a few series I'm reading to my littles right now and it's even better to share that experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2016 is going to be such a great reading year. There are so many books I want to read. How lovely to be able to share the experience of reading with your children. :)

      Delete
  4. The cover, oh my! The title is cool too but the synopsis really intrigued me! It sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing it! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound super cool and the cover is gorgeous!

      Delete