Aug 7, 2015

#PitchWars Mentee Bio

Hey guys! I'm super new to GIFs, so I'm just going to start off with ones from Supernatural because it's one of my favorite shows. For those who are wondering, I've always been more of a Sam girl. I have a thing for the underdogs.


I'm Tracey and I write young adult and middle grade fiction. I did start off writing contemporary, but my last two manuscripts have been light fantasy. I began writing almost six years ago after reading Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. Something about that book really spoke to me because I decided I wanted to write my own book. I did and of course it wasn't any good, but here I am still pouring words onto the page. I guess it was meant to be.


I'm super excited to be participating in #PitchWars this year. I just love being a part of such  a wonderful community. Writing is the one thing I've ever felt like I could do. I've never really been good at anything else. Sure, I've had other interests in the past but they were all fleeting. I think that's how I know that writing is something that I'm truly passionate about. I will most certainly work hard to make my book the best it can be if I'm chosen as a mentee. I will make it sparkle.


So here are a few more facts about me:


1. I am a proud HufflePuff or Ravenpuff. I was first sorted into Ravenclaw, but I didn't agree and took the test again. I don't mind being in both houses.


2. I am obsessed with Studio Ghibli. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite movies of all time. "A heart's a heavy burden." I love that line.


3. I am an INFP, which means I am an introvert. A while ago, I got really into Myers & Briggs. I love seeing who belongs to which type.

4. I love books that make my heart ache in the best possible way. Never Let Me Go, When You Reach Me, and A Wrinkle in Time are three of my all time favorite reads.


5. I also love a good ghost story. Growing up, I loved watching horror movies. At ten, I remember staying up really late to watch the premier of Rose Red. The others is my favorite ghost story. 


6. As for my musical tastes, I have a thing for The Paper Kites, Gregory Alan Isakov, Lisa Hannigan, and The Shins. I love indie/folk music. I also love the God Help the Girl soundtrack a lot. I highly recommend the movie if you haven't already seen it. 




7. Favorite Movies: My Girl, BeetleJuice, Edward Scissorhands, Pans Labyrinth, The Others, Bright Star, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro,  An Education, Never Let Me Go, The Age of Adaline, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice. 


8.  I'm obsessed with Pinterest. Seriously, I spend way too much time on there. Here's the board for my #PitchWars novel.


9. I have a major sweet tooth. Although I don't bake, I really enjoy looking at pictures of cake.

10.  I'll stop here with the best GIF ever. Yes, I read Watson's blog. 


I love writing light fantasy. I think it's literally the best of both words. I get to write about fantastical creatures with a just the right amount of realism. My #PitchWars novel is called IVY OF OUR HEARTS. Unsurprisingly, there are faeries in it. There's also a little bit of magic. It's set in the woodlands and I think it would appeal to fans of Melissa Marr, Holly Black, and Jodi Lynn Anderson.


Thanks for visiting me! I wish I could have added some Bob's Burgers GIFs as well, but I didn't want to make this post too long. Good luck to all of the potential mentees!

2 comments:

  1. Great bio, love love love New Slang, great song. I'm Sherlocked too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by. New Slang is a great song, and I'm Sherlocked forever.

      Delete