Aug 20, 2015

Outlining with Pinterest

Now that I'm finished with one project, I'm more than ready to move on to another. The only problem is I have no idea what I want to write. Well, I have a vague idea. I'm just not sure if it's worth pursuing. In the six years I've been writing I've realized that I really don't want to spend time with a project I'm not absolutely in love with. I've done it in the past and reading those manuscripts makes me cringe. No, I want to be head-over-heels in love with whatever I'm writing.

I've had this issue in the past, not knowing how to begin, and I mistakenly wrote it off as writer's block. Little did I know the inspiration I needed was right there on Pinterest. Yes, when it comes to writing Pinterest is one of my favorite tools. The best part is, it's super easy to use and time seems to fly by while you're using it. I've recently started a new board for my WIP. Although I haven't written a word yet I've pinned enough images and quotes to give me ideas for new scenes.

I love this quote by Virginia Woolf. That's some awesome character description and gives me ideas for the kind of person I'd like my main character to be.


What I pin into my story boards can be anything from photos to music and illustrations. There's really no limit. Once I see an image I love, even if I don't know where it'll fit into the story just yet, I'll pin it. Usually, it'll spark a new idea for a scene, character, or setting later on. While I'm writing, I'll cruise through my board for last minute inspiration. I love seeing my story develop and grow on Pinterest.

This is my most recent story board for a horror romance I'd love to write soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment