children's writer

On A Bookish Date: Rebecca

Aug 24, 2015
On A Bookish Date is a meme in which I share my love for books and cure my style cravings.



"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again . . ."
The novel begins in Monte Carlo, where our heroine is swept off her feet by the dashing widower Maxim de Winter and his sudden proposal of marriage. Orphaned and working as a lady's maid, she can barely believe her luck. It is only when they arrive at his massive country estate that she realizes how large a shadow his late wife will cast over their lives--presenting her with a lingering evil that threatens to destroy their marriage from beyond the grave.


One of the books I read recently was Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It had been on my to-read list for a while, so I finally picked it up at the bookstore. Although it took me a while to get through, it has become one of my favorite classics. The words instantly took hold of me as I read. That first line is famous for a reason. Those are my favorite kinds of books, the ones that sink their teeth into you and don't let go. My favorite character was Mrs. Danvers, who I thought was evil in the best of ways. I could tell you my favorite scene but I don't want to spoil it.

This is what I would wear on a date with this classic:

Rebecca

Rebecca by traceyjoseph featuring zip bags


Have you read Rebecca?
Post Comment
Post a Comment