Oct 9, 2013

New Approach + A Cat


I spent this Monday and Tuesday watching Scandal, Breaking Bad, hanging out with Liesel from The Book Thief, and thinking about writing as usual. I would say this year has been my most successful year on my path to authorhood. My style has stayed more or less the same, but I think I've finally started to think more like the pros. I saw my mistakes for what they were--mistakes. I made a conscious decision to scrap those old habits. So far things are going well. I wrote some things on index cards and stuck them to my wall. I also read a few pages of Story Structure Architect by Victoria Lynn Schmidt.

This morning, while looking for things to photograph, I saw this guy lounging on the fence in our backyard. He didn't mind me taking his picture. He stared intently at me whenever I called to him. He was the perfect model. I wouldn't mind a furry companion.

8 comments:

  1. That's great that you feel you're moving forward as a writer. ) You've always had great voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! You've always been so supportive and kind.

      Delete
  2. What a cutie! Good for you for feeling like you're coming into your own. That's very important. Confidence is huge in this business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, Kelley! Thanks for dropping by. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. sounds like you are growing and exceling! awesome!
    and perfect companion for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! It is exciting to see how far I've come.

      Delete
  4. Keep it up, Tracey. Confidence and feeling good is key.

    And that cat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's all about confidence. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete