Aug 15, 2013

Time for Cake & Books

September has always been my favorite month. It kicks off the beginning of a new school year and as a kid I always looked forward to picking out new school supplies. Labor Day was almost like New Years for me. It was the day I'd put out my back to school outfit, make sure my notebooks and pencils were organized accordingly, and daydream about how perfect the new school year would be.

Though my days of free schooling are over, I always look forward to a slice of birthday cake come September. This year I'm thinking vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. I'm also thinking that I could use a few more books among other things.


MIDDLE GRADE


Rump by Liesl Shurtliff

I've been in the mood for fairytales lately and these two have been on my wishlist for some time. 

YOUNG ADULT


The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

&

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Need I say more? 

ADULT


The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I've made it a point to read more adult fiction. Why not start with a Neil Gaiman book.


Of course there are others. I started rereading Harry Potter this week and since I don't own all of the books I would love a box set. Thanks for reading and be sure to tune in at 9 am tomorrow for a special post by Ingrid Jonach author of When the World was Flat (and we were in love). It's another on my wishlist.

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday! :0)
    Love the new blog look and I totally want Neil Gaiman's book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaye! And I'm happy you like the new look. It's much cleaner.

      Delete