Jul 7, 2013

Where There's Blogging There is Writing

It's a fact, the best way to beat your blogging blues is to start fresh with a new design. While I'll admit it isn't the fanciest look, with my design skills I've learned to take it or leave it. I'd love to say that I spent my time away from blogging writing but where there's blogging there is writing. I think my slump was more writing related. I spent June writing a few hundred words here and there, reading here and there, discovering somewhat new TV shows, and pinning like crazy.

I also attempted to cook for once. Yeah guys, I can't cook for the most part. I attempted a ten minute mac and cheese recipe, but I guess my nerves got in the way because it turned out nothing like the photo. Someday soon I hope to get over my fear of chopping off a finger or being stung by hot oil. For now, I'll be sticking to the basics.

I did, however, become a little less music challenged after discovering Lennon and Maisy Stella--real life singers, sisters, and actresses on the hit TV show Nashville.

Their cover of Ho Hey makes me want to pick up a guitar and sing Ho Hey.

12 comments:

  1. Nice to 'see' you again, Tracey! From what I can tell June was a slow writing month for a lot of people. I know it was for me. Hopefully the rest of the summer will prove more productive. Some times you just need a little time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Rachel! It's nice to be blogging again. Summer does have the tendency to make you unproductive, but I'm more than ready to get back into the trenches soon. Thanks for the warm welcome!.

      Delete
  2. My food never looks like the photos. I pretend that's because I didn't have a professional staging it. :D

    I think your blog design looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Stina! Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, maybe I was being too hard on myself. It didn't taste terrible.

      I'm happy you like the new design.

      Delete
  3. I like the look! And I can't cook either. I gave up trying a while ago... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cooking is definitely harder than it looks.

      Delete
  4. Aw, good cooking just comes from practice. You'll get there, and don't be too hard on yourself : ) As long as its edible, you did great!

    BTW, thanks for sharing that video! What amazing talents! Have a great productive week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Millie! There are some other recipes I want to try. I just have to work up the nerve.

      I'm glad you liked the video.

      Delete
  5. i can blog but i cant cook, well, my picky boys arent the best judges either! no gourmet taste buds to cook for!

    sweet changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Tara. That would be a hilarious blog tagline.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Tracey,

    Nice to meet you. Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day...

    Cooking is tricky ... but I love to BAKE... and blog... of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's nice to meet you, too.


      Learning how to bake is on my list of things to do.

      Delete