Jul 17, 2013

A Month of Faves: July, July, July

Inspired My Writing - A day or two ago I finally sat down and cranked out 1,000 words after weeks of not writing anything. And you know what? It felt pretty darn good.

"How Do You Do Great Things?
You Do Them!"
                            - The Fresh Exchange

One of the most inspiring bloggers shared the above quote recently. And as of now, I'm looking forward to many more new words in August.

The Dress  - I'm a girl who lives in jeans, so I think it's fair to say that my pin-board is the closest I'll ever get to my dream wardrobe. This dress from The Whitepepper caught my eye. I love the way it was styled.


An Oldie but Goodie - We all have those books that we come back to for a dose of inspiration. For me that book has always been Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I've talked about it many times here. On those days when I need a pep talk I always find myself flipping through the pages.

Inspiration for my WiP - Some of us use images to help visualize the scene that we're writing. For me the image below helped sparked the idea for the scene where my main characters first meet.


A Sweet Tune - Music has become such a big part of my daily writing ritual. In the past, listening to music while I wrote was just a big distraction. These days, I love being able to add a new song to my list of favorites. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers is my latest favorite. By the end of the video I'm almost always on the verge of tears.


I thought I'd get a head start on August by sharing a few things that inspired me this month. 


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting some new words done! It must have felt great to get back into writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel great! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. I always listen to music when I write. Glad you were able to write so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Alex! Music is the perfect source of inspiration. :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love The Lumineers! I always fall asleep listening to their album, and quite a few of their songs have made it onto my WIP playlist. Awesome taste in music, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! They're awesome, aren't they? I'm definitely going to check out they're album.

      Delete
  4. Another Lumineers fan, here! And the styling behind the entire photo of the dress is beautiful. I've avoided Pinterest mostly. Just too many social media distractions.

    Good for you for getting back to your words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jaye! Next to The Civil Wars, they're my favorite band. I'm glad you like the dress, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. That dress is way cute. :) And I love that image of the people under the starry sky. :) Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way cute. I'd love to own one just like it.

      Delete