Mar 5, 2013

On A Bookish Date: Just One Day

On A Bookish Date is a meme in which I share my love for books and cure my style cravings.

I usually post on Monday, but I was running a bit behind. I didn't even have time to create a new outfit, so today's post is for a book I already own but haven't read: Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I actually did read a sample of it last year and loved it. Gayle Forman and Paris, oui.


When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.


For our date I'd wear cable knit tights and Mary Janes.


Esther
Sadly I created this look so long ago a lot of the pieces have sold out. 

4 comments:

  1. Cute picks. I'm with you on the Monday-gone-Tuesday blogger. Mondays are typically my day too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, Mondays are perfect for blogging. :)

      Delete
  2. You should read it soon - SO good! I love the look you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ghenet. I hope to soon. I've been so focused on writing and blogging I haven't been reading as much.

      Delete