Mar 30, 2013

Going Camping in April

Judging by the title of this post you probably already know what it's about--Camp NaNoWriMo.

Yes, I'm buying repellent and packing my bags for Camp NaNoWriMo in April--the month where dozens of writers sign up to write a novel in a month. This year they're doing things a little differently by allowing us to choose our own word count goal. After some thought, I've decided to give myself a word count goal of 15,000 words. By the end of spring, hopefully, I expect to have a finished novel.

I had plans to finish up a project I'd already started, but you know how that goes. I think I might start calling myself the queen of unfinished novels. I'm actually challenging myself a bit this year. I have about 1,000 words written of two projects that I want to finish.

The first: a complete rewrite of my YA contemporary, which includes another title change, lots more blood, and secrets. So far the rewrite is going well.

The second: an MG novel about a very sad girl named Bryn and the fallen star that comes to her aide. I kind of have an obsession with stars. When I see one I can't help but wish on it.

This year I solemnly swear that I will win NaNoWriMo. Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who commented on my top ten movies post and my last Thursday's Children post. I've been terrible at responding and visiting other blogs.

Are any of you doing Camp NaNoWriMo this year?

6 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be at Camp again, trying my hand at New Adult for the first time^^
    Say HI if you see me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I definitely will, Nickey. I can't wait to read about what you're working on.

      Delete
  2. Yay! I shall be doing Camp next month as well. Hoping to finish a novel during the month too. Your MG novel sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Looks like I'll be in good company. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I hope you have a wonderful camp experience. I decided to bail on this round, although I should totally use it to rewrite my YA Contemp, too. I decided to blog from A-Z this April instead of do Camp.

    But I look forward to cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the A-Z posts next month. I'm certainly not brave enough to participate, but I'll be looking out for your posts especially. :D

      Delete