Feb 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Awake

I haven't participated in Waiting on Wednesday in a while. If you don't know, Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I'm waiting on Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith. I've read some great things about this book so far. It sounds like one fantastic read.

Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:

1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.

Things that actually happen:

1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.


Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds good. I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about the book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really good, doesn't it? The cover is stunning!

      Delete
  2. wow, that was a fantastic blurb! love the suspense it strikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third time I've rewritten this comment. I need to pay more attention. Thanks for stopping by, Tara. Wild Awake would look very pretty on any bookshelf. :)

      Delete
  3. Wild Awake sounds like a really great pick. I've been waiting for this book ever since I heard of it on the ARC party. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It seems like I've picked a good one.

      Delete
  4. I have this ARC, I'm just trying to find the time to read it. It looks so good.

    new follower.

    My WoW"Waiting On" Wednesday (#1) Midnight Frost
    LisaILJ @ "I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! It does look good. The cover really pops. Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  5. Wild Awake is also on my list of books to read. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super glad that I added it to my to-read list.

      Delete
  6. Wow, this sounds good! Adding to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, this is on my TBR list. I loved Real Men Read YA's review of this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews have been fairly positive already.

      Delete
  8. If I got this as a query, I'd take the extra time to read it. It sounds super interesting! When I was a teenager I always thought those weekend were going to be epic, too, but instead of falling in love with a mysterious stranger I just wound up pigging out on Ramen noodles and having movie marathons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate! To this day Ramen noodles and movie marathons have been my Saturday night dates.

      Delete
  9. This book does sound amazing but I have read not that great reviews of it. Still, I don't usually follow with the majority and I can't wait to pick it up

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Amazing is the word I'd use to describe this book, too.

      Delete