children's writer

Recharge: Winter Writing Retreat Day 1

Feb 25, 2013
ICEBREAKER:

What is your name: Traceyann Joseph, but you can call me Tracey.

What do you write: I write YA contemporary fiction, but I do love writing flash fiction when I need inspiration.

How long have you been writing: I've been writing for three years.

What location have you chosen for your retreat: Last summer my aunt and cousins and I stayed at a resort called Camp Shenandoah in Virginia. Though it was crowded in that little cabin it was nice getting away from the city for a few days.

How did you come up with the idea or find inspiration for your WIP: I have so many WIPs I don't know which I want to work on next. I think my strongest contenders are SOUTH OF LONESOME which was inspired by the Delta Blues singer Richard Johnson, IVY OF OUR HEARTS which was inspired by my desire to write something with a bit of magic and lots of romance, and INFECTIONS OF THE HEART which was inspired by another novel I wrote, as well as Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates and When it Happens to You by Molly Ringwald.

All of them have one theme in common: infidelity.

Thanks for stopping by. To find out more about the Winter Writing Retreat and maybe even join, visit Sara over at Crow River Writer.
6 comments on "Recharge: Winter Writing Retreat Day 1"
  1. This sounds fun. :)
    You always have such great titles. :) I love South of Lonesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! It's one of my favorite titles, too.

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of WIPs too. I love learning about where people find inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! For now, I think I've settled on one.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining in on the retreat, Tracey! You have a lot of WIPs happening at once! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I think I have one too many.

      Delete