Feb 5, 2013

A Few Things: 2.5.13

For the past few days I've been trying to come up with an interesting post, which led me to believe brainstorming up a list of post ideas would be a wonderful idea and very helpful in the future. Today I'll keep things simpler with a spin off of my Currently posts which you can find here and here.

1. Clothe (pin-board) -In middle school and high school I had this fantasy of being crowned best dressed, but it never happened because I always chose comfort over style. I must admit, I still usually choose comfort over style but Clothe is definitely my favorite pin-board thus far.


2. Game of Thrones - I've recently just discovered this show, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Surely I can't be the only person watching. Are you?


3. Home by Phillip Phillips - A few weeks ago I created a favorite songs playlist on YouTube. Since then I've been adding videos to that playlist like a mad woman. This song is one of them.

"Settle Down, It'll All Be Clear
Don't Pay No Mind To The Demons
They Fill You With Fear..."


4. Index Cards - I've become obsessed with using index cards to outline my chapters while I revise. I don't know why I never considered them before when so many other writers swear by them. While using this method I've discovered a few things about my writing style: Most of my chapters have no more than three scenes and my story's timeline is wonky.

My Outline Method

Blank Side 
Chapter Number/Title
Month/Date/Time of Day of chapter

Lined Side
Scenes in Chapter

I also use index cards to create character bios.

5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green & Writing Irresistible Kidlit by Mary Kole - I've been reading these books at a really slow pace, but I can say that they're definitely worth the hype. I think a lot of you have already read The Fault in Our Stars. My favorite scene so far might be a huge spoiler if you haven't already read it so I'll stay quiet about it. And as for Writing Irresistible Kidlit, what really draws me in is the tone. It's definitely a lot more fun than a textbook.


Have a wonderful day you guys!

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the song Home. So good. And TFIOS is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home is so good. I'm still reading TFIOS. I probably should get back to it.

      Delete