Dec 4, 2012

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

It's Top Ten Tuesday again. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is "Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me." I've had my eye on some of these books for months.

1. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield - I read the sample of this twice. The writing is so wonderful, and I really like the premise. I love books that take place in small towns.

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I don't think this book needs any explaining. I think I might be the only person on the planet who hasn't read it yet.

3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - I've heard nothing but great things about this book.

4. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone - There's so much to love about this book. Time travel, romance, and the 90s are just a few.

5. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson - A lot of people are raving about this one, too. I can't wait to find out why.

6. Love Slave by Jennifer Spiegel - This is another book I read a sample of. I really like the writing. It's so fresh.

7. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles - Historical fiction that takes place in the 30s, 40s, 50s, or 60s is my favorite kind of historical fiction.


8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - I've heard that it's a really great and intense read.
9. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Who doesn't love a bit of magic?
10. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - She is still one of my favorite authors. 

This is one of those moments where I wish we could choose more that just ten. I can think of at least five more books I would want. Santa is going to be very busy this year.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get The Fault in Our Stars! I read it late this year, and I absolutely loved it (as I knew I would). John Green's writing is unmatchable and this particular story is really quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I so agree with your comment. I read the first chapter of it twice. I definitely will buy it. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice list. You aren't the only one who hasn't read The Fault in Our Stars yet. I haven't either. But I happen to know my niece is getting it for Christmas and I intend to borrow it as soon as she's done! :)
    And I loved The Night Circus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hunch your niece will really enjoy it, and it's great to know you enjoyed The Night Circus.

      Delete