For example, while browsing online the other day I came across this huge list of southern baby names. You can find it here if you're interested. For me, coming across this list was like coming across a treasurer chest of gold. Here are some things that I love writing about:
- The South - I've always had this deep fascination with the south. Louisiana especially. There's so much culture and history. But it's also very mysterious.
- Small Town Girls - Maybe it's because I'm from the city, but I've always wished I'd grown up in a small town.
- Family Dysfunction - My family is far from perfect, but I definitely don't have to deal with some of the things that my characters go through.
- Summer - I think this might be my favorite season. By having my novels take place during the summer, I can focus more on the story than on homework. I'm kidding.
- Cute Boys - I think most of us love writing about these boys.
That's all I can think of. What about you guys? If you wouldn't mind sharing, what are some things you love writing about?