children's writer

Preparing for NaNo

Oct 19, 2012
While some writers are writing pages and pages of outlines, I've been collecting images and music to help get me through those 30 grueling days. I guess my method of preparing is a little different. Those of you who visit my blog might already know that I prefer to fly by the seat of my pants. So why should NaNo be any different? Below are five super fun things I've done and will do in time for NaNo. Hopefully, I won't get into too much trouble for posting these images.

1. I found the perfect image of the main love interest, Philippe.


2. I found the perfect image of Philippe and my main character's best friend, Margaret. The boy in this picture and the first aren't the same person, but it's such a sweet picture.


3. I found a quote that captures the heart of the story perfectly.


4. I created a playlist on Grooveshark.


5. I will buy the biggest bag of strawberry Twizzlers I can find. 


Have a wonderful weekend you guys!

If you're the owner of any of these images and would like them removed  let me know. 
20 comments on "Preparing for NaNo"
  1. Sorry, couldn't get past the first picture. Le sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. Never thought of doing those sort of preps - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun place to start! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rachel. Thanks for the comment and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Love your approach to NaNo! Love the quote and found a few new songs that I really like on your playlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm so happy you found some songs you like.

      Delete
  5. This first picture IS amazing! I love the quote as well. Good luck on NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first picture stopped my heart. The next made me swoon and that quote made me think.

    Honestly, though, I don't know how you're going to type when you have a picture of crowned perfection to ogle at lol!!!

    I'll be cheering from the sidelines! Go NaNoers Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first picture is definitely my favorite out of those I've collected. I think the second one is gorgeous as well. Thanks for stopping by, Angela.

      Delete
  7. awesome prep skills! good luck with nano!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, I love the first picture. I think I'm already crushing on Phillipe! And The Paper Kites are amazing, I love that you have so many of their songs on your playlist. So do I! Good luck with NaNo! I'm Jadzianb on there, so buddy me and I'll buddy you. :D

    ReplyDelete