children's writer

My Current WIP

Oct 31, 2012
Hello and happy Halloween! I've been tagged by the lovely Rhiann to share a little about my WIP. Although I've done a post like this twice already, I just couldn't say no. So here we go.

What is the working title of your WIP?

GIRL OF THE HOUR.

Where did the idea for the book come from?

I know this is cliche, but it came to me in a dream. I heard my main character's voice in my head. I started typing as soon as I woke up.

What genre does your book fall under?

Definitely young adult contemporary.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I've had a major girl crush on Carey Mulligan ever since I saw her in An Education. I can see her playing the part of my main character, Marylyn.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

After she runs away to New York to become an actress on Broadway, Marylyn learns it takes more than just a pretty face to be a star.

It isn't very good, but it's all I can come up with for now.

What other books would you compare the story to in your genre?

I really have no clue. Any young adult contemporary novel about a small town girl with big dreams.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I hope represented by an agency.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I've always had a thing for musicals, so I guess that might have a bit to do with it.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

There'll probably be a very juicy scandal that will have my characters seeing red. *wink wink*

Thanks for reading you guys! I'm supposed to tag four people I think, but I know many of you have done this already. I don't want to be a bother, so if you want to go ahead and tell us about your novel consider yourself tagged.
10 comments on "My Current WIP"
  1. I love this tag.

    Sounds like a great premise, especially the scandal part. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Stina. Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed reading.

      Delete
  2. This is a great premise. It sounds like an inspired book to write. I can't wait until you post an excerpt. I love your voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. I think I will share an excerpt someday.

      Delete
  3. You can't go wrong with small town girl wanting big dreams. I love that kind of thing.

    Reminds me of the TV show Smash. Ever seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yes, I've heard of Smash. Maybe I should check it out.

      Delete
  4. Aww, both our MC's are small town girls with big dreams :D So did you grow up in a small town? I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Rhiann. No, I didn't grow up in a small town. I do love them though.

      Delete
  5. Sounds good, Tracey. As always. :)

    ReplyDelete