Sep 4, 2012

Fashion Meets Fiction: Bedtime Stories

Hello everyone! For those who are looking for it, my Gearing Up to Get an Agent post is right here. Today I'm featuring the Fall 2012 Red Valentino collection.

I can't remember ever being read bedtime stories when I was a girl, but that doesn't mean I don't have my favorites. When I saw the Fall 2012 Red Valentino collection my mind immediately thought of a simpler and playful time. I was actually going to call this post The Age of Innocence, but I didn't want to confuse you guys. As a young girl I can remember being in love with books such as Goodnight Moon, Corduroy, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Henny Penny, Rumpelstiltskin, Alice in Wonderland, and so many more. The Red Valentino collection reminds of those stories and being a kid again. Of course my childhood wasn't this perfect, but I can pretend it was.


The question begs to be asked, what was your favorite bedtime story?

Images courtesy of style.com.

4 comments:

  1. My parents never told me bedtime stories. I can't pick a fairytale/story as my favorite either, though I've wanted to rewrite some fairytales as YA novels for a while now. :)

    My dad would sing us songs before bed. "Desperado" and "Seven Bridges Road" by Eagles, and "Sailing On" from Saturday's Warrior, and "Ireland" by Garth Brooks. I love those songs, even today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I remember Desperado, although I haven't heard of the others. Thanks for commenting. :D

      Delete
  2. I've got some years on you, but my favorites were Make Way For Ducklings, The Velveteen Rabbit (though parts were scary), and The Corgiville Fair by Tasha Tudor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for commenting. I haven't read any of those, but they must be good. :)

      Delete