children's writer

Unleashing My Creativity N0.1: Blog Redesign

Aug 31, 2012
Writers are always inspired. People inspire us. Places inspire us. Music, photographs, and memories inspire us. We're always looking for that brand new idea. In my post before the last I spoke about wanting to find other outlets for my creativity. I'd love to be able to create both using words and art. The things is, my design skills are limited. So I've decided to give myself a goal to complete at least one of the things on my Five Creative Things I'd Like to Do list in at least three months. One of the things I'd love to do is spruce this blog up a little. If I can do that, then achieving the other things on my list will be a piece of cake.

For the interested, those five things are:

1. Open an Etsy shop
2. Learn how to draw and paint
3. Learn photography
4. Create my own jewelry
5. Learn how to make blog templates

I've searched the web high and low, looking for tips and tricks. I've found some, but my brain hasn't been able to comprehend all of the information I've found. So I'm starting with what I can do. My first goal to building a better blog is pinning everything from blog templates I love to color palettes I love and blog tips. If you're interested, you can find my pin board here. Once I'm finished, I hope to debut my new blog soon.

Quick question, how important is a good blog design to you?

Have a wonderful Friday! Make sure to stop by Valerie Cole's and Bria Quinlan's blogs for the Kiss Off contest they're hosting. As always, thanks for reading.
8 comments on "Unleashing My Creativity N0.1: Blog Redesign"
  1. I've changed my blog a ton of times. I think as long as you have something you feel represents you, then your good. I like your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a good blog design is very important! no matter how great the info or posts I'm reading, if they're in a mis-matched color scheme or set in a hard to read font, etc, I get annoyed and give up. I really like the polka dots. Soothing color and a zingy pattern all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy. I don't like color schemes that are too busy either. I think for my blog design I'll keep things simple.

      Delete
  3. I tend to fiddle with my blog every year or so. I'm horrible at design, so once I find something that works for me, I leave it alone. Hopefully, it works for my readers. I've only had complaints when I changed the blog to primary colors. It did not go over well. At all!

    I like this off white background. It's soothing. And the roses are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Angie. I really enjoy fiddling with my blog as well. I'm not so good at design either, but I hope I'll get better.

      Delete
  4. I think blog design is important, because the way your blog looks will be attract people to your blog and keep them reading. A good header is also important, because it can tell a reader instantly what your blog is about.
    I've changed my design a few times, but I have finally found something that I like and I don't think I'll change it for a while now. I think it's all about finding something that represents you and the topic of your blog.
    Good luck with the re-design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I agree. A good design will attract people to your blog. I hope I can settle on one soon. :)

      Delete