Aug 20, 2012

Be Inspired

There's a very fun bloghop going around called Be Inspired in which participants share a little bit about their novel. Gina over at Gina's Writer's Blog recently took part and  tagged anyone who'd like to join in. If you'd like you can click here to hop over to her blog.

1. What is the name of your book?
PRETTY-EYED GIRLS DON'T CRY, but you guys might remember it as NEVER A HAPPY ENDING.

2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
I think it was one of those books where I opened up a blank document in Word and started typing. I wish I had a fun story to tell, but I truthfully can't remember what inspired it.

3. In what genre would you classify your book?
Definitely YA contemporary.

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a move rendition of your book, who would you choose?
Tough question! Lets see, I do really like Emma Stone and I wouldn't mind if she played Amelia. As for Tommy, I have no idea. I'll need someone tall, blond, young, and hot.

5. Give us a one sentence synopsis of your book.
After her father goes missing, 16 yr old Amelia Taylor struggles to get along with her sick and pitiless momma who blames her for her failing health and wrinkled skin, while she also deals with her feelings for two boys.

6. Is your book already published?
Nope, but I wish.

7. How long did it take you to write your book?
According to a post-it note I started writing it on 8/12/11 and finished it on 12/2/11. I'd put it away for a few weeks after I started and picked it up again during NaNo.

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? (Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?)
Hmm, I don't know. I would probably say anything by Sara Zarr, although I haven't read any of her books yet. Any book that deals with family relationships and the heartache of being young and in love really.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
An author who's always inspired me is Kirsten Hubbard. I love how lyrical her writing is. Any author of YA contemporary inspires me.

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
There are boys and lots of kissing and groping. There's a field, a beat up Camaro, and a very hot and heavy moment. There's also somewhat of a mystery.

Thanks for reading. I'm supposed to tag five people, but if you'd like to play go ahead and tell us a little bit about your novel.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited that you decided to participate! And I agree, Kristen Hubbard's writing is gorgeous - she paints such vivid pictures.

    And I don't know much about Tommy, but "tall, young, blonde and hot" tells me I wouldn't mind finding out! Good luck with your book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. Her writing is very lovely. :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a super fun read. You got me at "Camaro" and "boys." Nice learning more about your writing, Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and reading, Emily. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Love your answer for the 'pique our interest' question. :)

    ReplyDelete