children's writer

A Work In Progress: 8.29.12

Aug 29, 2012

Hello dear blog readers! Recently I came across a beta reader community called YA Stands.
I took the plunge and got in contact with one of the lovely ladies and she agreed to beta read Pretty-Eyed Girls Don't Cry. I'm excited and nervous to see what she has to say.

Having your work beta read can be a very eye-opening experience. What I find works for me is reviewing the beta reader's notes, letting it simmer for awhile, then start to make changes. It's a tried and true method that really helps keep those "they obviously don't get my story" feelings at bay. I also signed up for Gearing Up to Get an Agent. I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a go. In South of Lonesome Land things have been on hiatus. My mind has been on other things, blogging for one. I've been doing a lot of blog stalking and soaking up a ton of inspiration from Pinterest.

I love creative people! I love what I do, but I want to do more. I've been having this urge to expand my creative talents. One of my resolutions was to draw every day. I think I'm going to start up again.

Five creative things I'd love to do someday:

1. Open an Etsy shop
2. Learn how to draw and paint
3. Learn photography
4. Create my own jewelry
5. Learn how to make blog templates

I am still a work in progress.

Are there any other creative things you guys like to do other than writing? Are any of my goals on your to-do lists?

Berries photographed by Dasha.
2 comments on "A Work In Progress: 8.29.12"
  1. I used to make jewelry, headbands, hair accessories, bookmarks, duct tape pens, etc and a woman I know would sell them in her craftshop. She's closing down her business, so that's not gonna happen anymore :(

    I also play piano and draw and I love photography. I love taking pictures of the outdoors and I post a lot of photos on my facebook page.

    I want to learn to paint and I want to learn to play the cello. It would also be cool to have a website where I could sell the little things I make. :)

    By the way, I've found YA Stands too, and they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jadzia! I'd really love to do all of those things, especially learn how to play the piano.

      I just realized I wrote strands instead of stands. I changed it. :D

      Delete