children's writer

Buccaneer Blogfest: About My Blog

Jul 11, 2012

I started my blog in 2009 the same year I started writing seriously. I can't remember what my very first blog post was about because I've since deleted it. It's funny because just like writing YA it took me awhile to find my natural blogging voice. In the beginning I tried very hard to sound like other popular bloggers, which worked for a little while but I ended up being unhappy with the way I was presenting myself. So for the new year 2011 I decided to get rid of all of those old posts and start over.

The main reason I decided to create a blog was to connect with other writers, and I definitely have. To tell you the truth, I've learned most of what I know about writing from reading blogs. I think I follow almost 200. I love participating in blogfests, memes, and contests. Though, my favorite types of posts are success stories.

My own blog posts tend to be random. I do like talking about books, and sharing things I've learned and experienced on my journey to publication. I really enjoy being apart of such a wonderful community. 

Two commenters on my last post asked me what are my favorite horror movies. My top favorites definitely are The Others, The Sixth Sense, The Orphanage, and The Awakening. 

In my last post I forgot to share links to my other social media profiles. I'm on Pinterest. You can click here to view my boards. 

Happy blogging!

5 comments on "Buccaneer Blogfest: About My Blog"
  1. You've been blogging for a while. Sometimes I feel like such a novice since I started blogging July of last year. Actually, I think I'm about to hit my one year mark in a few days. I've enjoyed your blog, though I've been very hit or miss lately with my increased writing. Please continue with the blog and continued best of luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Tracey! So glad I found you. :) Thanks for sharing your beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I think it takes us a while to find our blogging voice and I admire your honesty in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy Attwood from Getting Attwood Published checking in for the blogfest. My writing doesn't fit into genres very easily, but Crazy About You is the closest the YA. http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-About-You-ebook/dp/B005DC623E/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311167216&sr=1-3

    ReplyDelete