children's writer

Top Five Favorite Non-Writing Blogs

Jun 19, 2012
For the past for days now I've been trying to come up with ways to expand my audience. I know most of you have already seen the very popular post by Kristen Lamb, Why Writers Blogging About Writing is Bad. It really made me think, if blogging constantly about writing is a bad idea. What do we blog about?

I got the idea for this post from another YA writer, and thought it was a good idea to share a little more about me in away that others might be able to relate to. So here we go. If you'd like to visit any of these blogs just click on the pictures. 



The first blog is a blog by a positively stylish girl from London. I visit her blog at least once a day. She doesn't post quite often. I think she posts at least once a week, but when she does I am always floored by her almost whimsical sense of style. She takes the most gorgeous pictures around London, and I have to admit I was a tad bit jealous that she got to visit the set of Harry Potter. She and her best friend recently launched their own magazine called Wish, and I am just itching to get my hands on it. 


I recently discovered this blog while doing one of my many daily lurks. It was created by an aspiring graphic designer who has a wardrobe that I'd definitely love to play dress up in. Forget about t-shirts and jeans, which we all know make up a large portion of a lot of college students' closets, including mine. This blogger's feminine flare, which she debuts in equally stunning photographs, will definitely bring out the girly girl in many of us. 


This blogger definitely knows her way around a thrift shop, and to tell you the truth if it weren't for her I probably wouldn't have discovered them myself. She's a lover of beautiful things, new and old. And definitely gives new meaning to the famous quote: One man's trash is another man's treasure. 


If you're obsessed with France and anything French, this blogger's blog will satisfy your cravings. She has much more of a minimalist sense of style that is oh so French, but has impeccable taste in clothing and music.  


She's another English girl whose favorite color is most likely black. She's young, but has a very sophisticated sense of style. I've even saved a few of her photos in an inspiration folder on my computer. Reading her blog reminds me that you don't always have to be "pretty in pink" to be considered stylish. 


Thanks for reading guys. And yes, I will continue to blog about writing and other things. 
4 comments on "Top Five Favorite Non-Writing Blogs"
  1. Ooo, thanks so much for posting these dear! Gonna have to check em out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blogs sound fun! Off to check them out.

    BTW, I like your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete