Jun 20, 2012

Sprucing Up Your Writing Blog on a Budget

Hello everyone. 

Since I practically live on the internet I thought it would be a great idea to share with you guys some of the links I've collected over the past few days. As you guys may or may not have noticed I change my blog layout quite often, and I am always on the lookout for a template that's cute and cheap or better yet FREE. In fact, I recently saved a ton of free backgrounds in a folder on my laptop for those days I'm feeling extra creative.

So I guess I'll start off with free and cute.
  1. Blogger Candy - The link takes you directly to her Design Gallery, and from there you can just click which ever thumbnail catches your eye. Off to the right she even gives you the option to search by number of columns, template color, and style. Make sure to check out her premium templates as well. Some of them are going for as low as ten dollars. 
  2. Inventing Inspiration - I recently discovered this designer who offers nine free themes, including two WordPress themes. I even tried out a few of them myself.
  3. Colour Lovers - The don't offer free templates, but you can create your own seamless backgrounds that are compatible with any of the blogger templates. I'm a member of this site and it's very easy to get addicted to it. 
  4. Makin' Cute Blogs - This designer shows you how to make a free Blogger blog header using Pixlr. She also offers a lot more Blogger and WordPress tutorials, and her Find a Blog Designer page might also be a ton of help. 
Affordable Premade Templates 
  1. Designer Blogs - They offer quite a few Blogger templates in different styles that are only going for 10 dollars solid. Although their custom designs are quite costly, in addition to the cheaper premades they also offer templates starting as low as 30 dollars for Blogger and 80 for WordPress. Sorry WordPress.
  2. Simply Yours - These blogger templates are priced at only 20 dollars each. 
  3. Kreated by Kelsey - For 25 dollars with an additional 10 or more dollars for optional customization, Kelsey offers a few cute choices for the Blogger blog. Keep in mind that you'll have to fill out a form to place your order.
Bonus Designer

Totally Severe - She offers a variety of free backgrounds. If you click on downloads and then background patterns she even gives you the option to search by pattern color. I've downloaded a few of them for future use.

That's it for me guys. If you do decide to go with any of these templates remember you might have to do a bit of tinkering to get it just the way you want it. A lot of them allow you to change little things such as the blog title font and post font. If you have pages on your blog you might have to have them on the sidebar instead of directly underneath the header.

Sorry if none of the templates being offered are your style. Mostly all of these designers also do custom designs, but if you'd like more FREE, Mama of 3 Munchkins has compiled a list for you, which you can find here.

Goodnight to you all, and happy writing.

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what i need! Thanks Tracey! Bookmarking this sucker for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome. I'm glad this post was helpful.

      Delete
  2. Hey Tracey! Thank you very much for including us in your wonderful blog post. Hopefully the list I compiled can be of some use to your readers. Have a wonderful evening!


    Ty @ Mama of 3 Munchkins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ty. I know your post really helped me when I was searching for a good template. :D

      Delete