Jun 22, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Blog Hop!


TGIF! Today is the day I get to reintroduce you guys to my new and improved MC. She's received a name change, and her stories title has also changed several times. Some of you may remember her as Christine Taylor or may not, but either way she now goes by Amelia Taylor.

Surprisingly, finding the perfect blue eyed, strawberry blonde model with freckles was a lot easier than I thought it would be. 

So without further introduction I'm proud to reintroduce Amelia from my YA contemporary novel, Never a Happy Ending. Penny Willer, one of her friends who hasn't spoken to her in a while, agreed to interview her. 

Finally we can start. Thanks for waiting while Tracey introduced us, Amelia. I feel like we haven't talked in ages.
*nods* That's okay. It's nice to see you too. I've been really busy lately. 
I've got to ask. How do you feel about your new name? Was it something you had to get used to?
I guess, especially seeing as how I've been called Christine for most of my life. *shakes head* to tell you the truth, I still think of myself as Christine Taylor. It was pretty hard convincing everyone to call me Amelia at first, especially Momma. You know how stubborn she can be. 
If I had a name change I would want to be called Grace. It's so glamorous. If you could choose any name for yourself what would it be?
I don't know. Maybe something sensual like Evangeline? I can see myself as an Evangeline. Evangeline Baker. 
Baker? You and Tommy didn't...
Of course we haven't, Penny, but we've been talking about it. He says he wants to take me to France someday, and marry me there.
Speaking of Tommy, have you talked to Matthew?
We've talked a few times at school. *shrugs* Mostly just hi and bye and stuff. He got into an Ivy League university, and he's seeing someone now. *fiddles with fingers* But you know what I'm happy for him. I am. He deserves it. If there's one thing I've learned it's that you can't always have your cake and it too. *smiles* Even if you do really love cake.
*laughs* It seems like you really had to make a lot of difficult choices this year. Letting go of someone you love isn't easy. I know Lucie's probably waiting for you in the car, so--
Oh, no she isn't. I finally saved up enough money for my own car. 
That's awesome.You've wanted one for so long now. I was going to ask, since I know you've been through so much, do you feel like you've grown from any of it? It couldn't imagine going through what you went through.
You know, apart of me still can't believe that it happened. Yes, I think have changed. I know thinking about him too much is just going to drive me crazy. I don't want to end up like Momma. 
She still isn't doing too well, is she?
No. She isn't. S-she started smoking again, but it's not like how it used to be before. *purses lips* Truthfully, it's like she's not even here anymore, but I have Tommy and Lucie and everything is going to be okay. It has to be. I just love them too much to let them down. You know how that is, Penny, now that your with Herbert.
*nods*
Besides, I can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved, right? *laughs*  Daddy used to say that.


I want to thank Amelia and Penny for stopping by. And I also want to thank the blog hop hosts, Jaycee and Victoria for hosting. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

  1. WOW! She's beautiful. I love her eyes. What a great interview. Loved her vibe as well. Smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! (Love the title, too.) I so want to read your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great entry- love the song, love the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the interview! That girl is gorgeous, and this whole thing intrigued me! :D

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really interesting, I'd love to hear more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of YA contemporary, so I really enjoyed reading this! Amelia sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect entry! And I could easily be these girls friends. I want to meet them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these girls are genuine. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great getting to know your characters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog, Tracey. The interview really struck a cord, even at my age. It was only yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're heroine is gorgeous!!! And your song is so pretty! Thanks for joining the blog hop :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing interview! I am SO intrigued! You've nailed the teen voice, too!

    Wanted to remind you the pitch contest with Tricia Lawrence is Friday! If you want to join in my "Critique My Query" hop between now and then, just post your query and link on my page's linky list. I and others will come around and offer opinions and tell you how great it is! Kind of like a dress rehearsal before the show on Friday! You can check it out here!

    ReplyDelete