May 3, 2012

Dust It off Bloghop: The Pitch


Hey guys. Today I'm participating in the Dust It off Bloghop that's being hosted by Theresa Paolo and Cortney Pearson.

The manuscript I chose to dust off has been sitting in my trunk since 2010. I recently resurrected it to see if I could get it back on track again. I talked about it once before on this blog. It was called ALICE and OLIVIA, but I've given it a new title, IT ALL FALLS DOWN.

I came up with the pitch back in 2010 when I thought this novel was the one. I still love the premise, but I have a feeling that the pitch still needs a little fine tuning.

Pitch:

Twelve-year-old Olivia’s obsession with her best friend, Alison, and the magic blue pills that seem to make Alison invisible, becomes problematic as she struggles to accept that her only friend doesn't exist. 


Thanks Cortney and Theresa for hosting. 

23 comments:

  1. I love the new title and what an intriguing premise!! I'm excessively curious! I'm glad you pulled it out again, good luck getting it back on track again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cortney. I really hope I can.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Another idea that could be very powerful if handled right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just hope I can do it justice. :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds interesting. Magic blue pills and invisible pills. Wish I knew more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting!
    Good luck with The Voice competition, by the way. I really love your first 250. I love your voice. There's something really beautiful in it. I remember thinking the same thing when you posted a short story awhile back. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are too sweet and kind. :D

      Delete
  5. Wow that pitch pulled me in. How intriguing. Little blue pills and invisiblity! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it did. Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow. I got the chills reading that pitch. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new title is definitely better! And I think this idea is GREAT! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like it. Thanks a bunch.

      Delete
  8. Love the new title and the pitch is awesome. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many questions! I want to read more! Great pitch and I love the new title. Seriously love it. I'm so happy you decided to resurrect it because it is truly intriguing.

    And good luck with the voice competition! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. I really hope luck is on my side.

      Delete
  10. Love the title and the pitch gave me the chills, in a good way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Love the pitch!! I would definitely read something like this. Good job. Hope you can get it polished up and finished.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete