children's writer

Shameless Plug and New Contest

Apr 22, 2012
Hello guys. I took the plunge and uploaded the first four chapters of my new WIP, HOLD ME UNTO YOU, to Authonomy in hopes to get some more feedback on it. You can check it out here if you're interested.

In other news, I recently came across a contest that is being hosted by The Guardian and Hot Keys Books.

Here's what they have to say:

"The Guardian and Hot Key Books are launching a search for the next generation of writers of children’s fiction with the Guardian Hot Key Books Young Writers Prize.


We are looking for new young writers between the ages of 18 and 25, who write in either of two categories: for ages 9-12 or 13-19. Entrants should be unpublished talents new to the literary world that are passionate about writing for children. The winners, one for each age category, will be selected by a panel of judges who will consult with school children. Each winner will be given editorial support and the chance to be published by Hot Key Books."
You can find out more about this amazing contest here. I'm hoping it'll be open to writers worldwide. 
8 comments on "Shameless Plug and New Contest"
  1. Ah! I just turned 26. :(

    Thanks for the heads up though. I'll go check out your first four chapters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!I hate when that happens, but there will always be a lot more contests to enter.

      Thanks a lot, Kelley.

      Delete
  2. That's a fabulous contest! I love that they geared it to young writers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, do you mind emailing me your entry? I'd like to provide feedback that way ...if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info. Great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, thanks for letting me know. :)

    ReplyDelete