children's writer

Sunday Writing Update

Mar 18, 2012
Hey guys! I’ve been super preoccupied with my latest novel, an adult southern gothic, which I’m very excited about. This new idea, the spawn of a flash fiction piece, kind of took me by surprise. I’d already had my 2012 novel all planned out. I even shared it on this blog, but for some reason it kind of stalled on me. I've since decided to save it for another point in time, maybe even NaNo. We’ll see.

With this new project I’m about 16,000 words in, almost 17,000. I’m trying to have it done by the end of May. Truthfully, I really don’t know where I’m going with it. I mean, I write YA and MG, and here I am writing adult fiction. It’s very exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. It’s called HOLD ME UNTO YOU. It’s about love, death, and redemption, and is probably my most thrilling idea yet.

But I always say that. 

Are you working on anything new? I would love to know. 
8 comments on "Sunday Writing Update"
  1. Haha. I just shared an email with my CPs about how since I'm currently querying a story I'm ready to start the next one and I have five different ideas. I love them all. How does one choose? haha.

    Good for you for going with your gut even though it might be a little scary. 16,000 is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many ideas so little time. Isn't it funny how that happens?

      Thanks for the comment, Kelley. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracey, That's cool that you're following your heart and writing the novel that's begging to be written. The same thing happened to me last year. I had this YA novel all planned out, synopsis and everything, then up comes this MG novel about...wait for it...love, death, and redemption. Sort of. :)

    But here's the good thing, Tracey. I'm almost done with this manuscript, so I know it was meant to be. With that being said, the story that is begging to be written NOW is the one you need to write NOW.

    Have a good writing week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, I love to read about other people's progress. It's great that you're manuscript is almost done. I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason, and when something's meant to be it just is.

      I hope you have a great writing week too.

      Delete
  3. That's wonderful that you've taken this dive into this new story. Sometimes, you just have to write what demands to be written. I also think it's pretty cool you're opening yourself to something outside your normal box. Sounds like it's been a great experience thus far and hope it continues that way.

    Still working on revisions in my neck of the woods. Had some things pop up that ate up time for it so a lot more behind than I wanted to be. But I hope to get things back on track this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I never would have thought I would be writing this novel, but I'm having a blast hanging out with new characters.

      Revisions are tough. I've been putting off revising one of my novels. I should get to it. I can't wait to read more about your progress. :D

      Delete
  4. Nice! I bet it will turn out great, since you're so excited by the idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete