Feb 6, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Man vs. Wild

Since discovering that I can watch all of my favorite shows online nowadays I don't watch much TV. I simply don't have the patience anymore to sit through commercials except, of course, for the very special shows like Supernatural and Vampire Diaries, which are both awesome this season by the way.

A show I've recently discovered though has both the entertainment and "eww" factor, and that show is Man vs. Wild. There's just something about watching Bear Grylls, the star of the show, hike through rain forests and deserted islands that always has me on the edge of my seat.

Now, this show isn't for everyone, especially those with a weak stomach because it certainly is explicit when meal time comes around. Watching Bear slaughter a wild pig will definitely have some squirming in their seats.

All in all, Man vs.Wild is a definite guilty pleasure of mine.

What have you been watching lately? Do you have any guilty pleasures?

8 comments:

  1. I found a cute Korean series on Hulu called Princess Hours, a romantic comedy, which I ended up watching for twelve hours one night. It was totally addictive;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Angie. I totally need to check that series out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that show too, although I haven't seen it in a while. You can actually learn something from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...I watch Bones and Fringe. The New Girl.

    Is Glee considered a guilt pleasure?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a little of New Girl. I don't know if Glee would be considered a guilty pleasure though. Thanks for the comment, Kelley. :)

      Delete
  5. My hubby and my son have both been obsessed with The Food Network, so whenever I do get a small moment in front of the TV, it's usually something food-related. Oh! But a couple nights a week after the kids are in bed, we've been watching The Walking Dead. (Now THERE'S some ew factor.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. I love it. Thanks for the comment, Peggy.

      Delete