children's writer

2012 Middle Grade Releases

Feb 28, 2012
I don't talk much about middle grade novels on this blog, but that is going to change starting with this post. Lately, I've spent  a lot of time on Goodreads salivating over all the shiny new novels, and from time to time I'll come across a novel that has an amazing premise. A premise that takes my breath away.

Here are a few middle grade novels that I can wait to get my hands on. 2012 couldn't be a better year for books.

I follow Shannon's blog, and I know a lot of you do too. Keeper of the Lost Cities has to be one of the most anticipated MG novels coming out this year.
I've had my eye on this one for awhile. I love fairy tales and a novel where the main character get transported into one through a book is no exception. This one sounds like it's going to be a really charming read.
The cover was just revealed for this one today over on The Story Siren, and I just knew I had to add it to my wishlist. It's supposed to be a very creepy tale and creepy is right up my ally. I love the cover.









Some others I have my eye on are:

Sway by Amber McRee Turner
The Storm Makers by Jennifer E. Smith
One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

I'm going to be honest and say I don't read a ton of middle grade, and the ones I tend to pick up are almost always contemporary. I want to change that because there are a great selection of middle grade books out there just waiting to be read.

Do you read middle grade books?
11 comments on "2012 Middle Grade Releases"
  1. Thanks for the heads-up! Love middlegrade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look so good. I really enjoy middle grade. :) If you like fairy tales, may I recommend one? Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Breadcrumbs. I actually sampled some of it on Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation, Rachel.

      Delete
  3. I need to read more middle grade. I'm really excited for Shannon Messenger's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection. They all look intriguing.

    I love reading middle-grade and am finishing up my latest draft on an MG book now. Thanks for these suggestions. Nice blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ron. There are so many great books coming out this year in MG. It's nice to hear that you are working on one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracey,

    I don't read much middle grade, and I'm probably missing out on some cool stuff. Thanks for following the Blue Word! I have returned the favor. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey,

    Thanks for following me!

    Now...(I won't do this often)

    You've been tagged in my Lucky 7 meme!

    Give it a try for a little luck in your writing!

    Go to: http://blog.jayceedelorenzo.com for details

    Jaycee

    ReplyDelete