Jan 31, 2012

Reading Challenge Update and Award

I've started reading Jellicoe Road and it is as magical as everyone says it is. I think my heart stopped when I read the prologue. Unfortunately, I haven't finished any books yet which is sad because I realize a lot of you are making great progress with your reading goals. But I have read some great samples on Amazon if that counts for anything. One of my favorites was The Secret Life of Bees. What a beautiful book. I hope I'll be able to read the entire thing someday.


On to the award part of this post. Kelley over at Between the Bookends gave me this award. Thanks Kelley. The rules are to name one thing you like about yourself.

One thing I like about myself is the amount of empathy that I have for others. It's very hard for me to hurt someone deliberately because I can always imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes. I'm not perfect. No one is, but I try to care about the way I treat people.

I'm supposed to pass this award on to as many people as I like. This was hard, but I chose three.

Cynthia at Random Thoughts
Angela Brown at In a Pursuit of Publishness
Cortney Pearson at Writer by Day Mommy Always

Now, what books have you read lately?

8 comments:

  1. Tracey, you are too kind. :-) Thank you for the award. A few friends recommended The Secret Life of Bees to me. It looks like a great book. I have to admit though, I couldn't get through it. I really think you will like it though.

    My reading list is growing too with all the great writers I have met on line too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sweet to pass this award to me. Thank you.

    As for books I've finished, I read Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and Dies Irae by Christine Fonseca. I enjoyed them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey! Thanks for the award! Lately I've read Lola and the Boy Next Door, which was cute, but I liked Anna and the French Kiss better. And I've just started Crossed by Ally Condie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Empathy is such a great thing to have!

    I'm reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis right now, and just finished Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson. LOVE both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Empathy is a great quality. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Jellicoe Road but I haven't read it yet.

    I'm reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I heard it has a great love triangle in it, and since I've got a love triangle (well, more like a 'like like' triangle) in my wip, I figured I should study how Cassandra did hers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Empathy is an honorable characteristic to have. :) Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete