Oct 17, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 Update

There are only fourteen days left before NaNoWriMo, and I've already cheated and started my MS. I couldn’t help it. The story was practically begging to be written.

So a change of plans is in order.

I guess I’ll be using NaNo as an opportunity to finish another manuscript. Or I might start fresh with a brand new idea that I’m calling To NetherNether and Back Again. Which will be another middle grade novel inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

I’m having a blast reading all of the posts in the NaNo forums, and I’m really getting into it. The frantic nature of it all is very exciting for me. I’ve also been doing a lot of lurking on Amazon. I really love their Read First Chapter Free option. For a girl on a budget, it’s really helpful.

My favorites so far are:
  • The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
  • The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I: The Mysterious Howling
  • Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes 
  • Liesl & Po
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Wildwood: The Wildwood Chronicles, Book I

All of which I hope to buy someday. 

As for my current work in progress, I’ve given it a new name it’s now being called The Inexplicable True Story of How Eleanor Blanchard Died, Came Back Again, and Haunted Penelope Dalcour. It’s long, I know, but it’s the best I came up with. I've written up a brief outline, which really helps during NaNo, and I've picked out a theme song.


So, tell me, how is your NaNo project coming along? Have you written up an outline yet? Or are you flying by the seat of your pants? 

5 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! That was such a sweet song and video. It really makes me want to read your work.

    My NaNo plans are not yet - planned LOL!! Picked up some steam on another WiP and I'm letting the voice guide me. Hoping to check the forums more often now because when it starts, don't know if I'll be able to visit often if I intend to make real headway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, thanks for commenting. Winter Song is one of my favorites.

    I can't wait to read your updates once NaNo officially begins. You really should check out the forums. They're pretty lively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not participating in the NaNo, but there must be something in the air because this morning one of the novels that has been sitting in the back of my head for ages, showed me it's ending and I had to write it. Now that I have the end, I can begin. Not sure if I will or not though. Might do some preplanning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I love that song. I'm a huge fan of Ingrid Michaelson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tahlianewland: Preplanning is always good.

    Ghenet: Thank you. I'll be needing some luck.

    ReplyDelete