children's writer

Recreate a Cover Contest

Sep 29, 2011
Princess Bookie is having a recreate a cover contest. I chose to recreate Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr.

Here's the original:


And my entry:


It isn't perfect, but I tried.
12 comments on "Recreate a Cover Contest"
  1. It looks great!!! How the heck of all things did you do that? Please pardon me as I love to wax poetic sometimes but give me a sketchpad and a pencil and I'll grin with pride that I turn out a stick figure with a smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela. All it took was a photo, Pixlr, and Picnik. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one much more than the original! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Tracey...I'm taking notes on this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I love the soft pink against the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cover is gorgeous! The colors are so pretty. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty! That dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fun contest! Great idea.
    I am definitely going to check this out.

    You did a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!! I like the original, too. But that dress in yours! Wow.

    ReplyDelete