children's writer

New to My Bookshelf

Sep 28, 2011
I took a trip to my local Barnes and Noble yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised by how much upgrading they had done to the YA section. Now instead of two shelves we have several. There were tons of books to choose from, tons.

I ended up picking up three new contemporary reads. Seriously guys, I am on a mission to read more contemporary novels. Which is weird because contemporary fiction is what I write, but when it comes to reading I usually head to the fantasy, paranormal novels first.


This time around I spent an ample amount of time combing through a slew of contemporary novels. But the books that caught my eye were Cracked Up to Be by Courtney summers, Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, and Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I also picked up Anna and the French kiss from Target the other day.

I really hope I can go back soon because there were a lot of other books I wanted to snatch up. Including Anna Dressed in Blood and Personal Demons, both of which I’ve heard amazing things about. I also would love to get my hands on Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar and Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. 

I can't wait until I have a bookshelf that's overflowing with books. I'm still doing the reading challenge. Right now, I'm reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. 

Happy reading and writing.
7 comments on "New to My Bookshelf"
  1. It's funny how two of them feature a park bench. I loved Anna and the French Kiss. Haven't read the other set but they look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Anna and the French Kiss always gets rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love City of Bones and the rest of the Mortal instruments! They're great. And I have Anna Dressed In Blood headed my way from Amazon.

    Personal Demons was a great book, you should get that asap.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, Megan. Personal Demons is at the top of my list, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare but I've been eyeing City of Bones for a while. May have to grab that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Angela. City of Bones is a great book. You should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy reading! I love contemporary YA and you've made good choices. I've read all of these except for Cracked Up to Be. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete