Aug 8, 2011

Reading Challenge

In all honesty, I haven't been reading as much as I should lately. It’s gotten so bad that I don't even finish books anymore. Not because they're bad, but because I can get really distracted sometimes. Blogger is only one of my distractions.

So, I've decided to challenge myself. For the rest of this month through September I will be doing my own personal reading challenge. The goal is to read at least one chapter a night, two if the book is really good. And I won't be purchasing any new books until the end of the challenge when I no longer have a stack of them in my closet. 

Currently, I'm reading Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, and I love it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it. The characters, everything! It makes me wish that I were on my own backpacking trip through Central America. It makes me wish I had my own Rowan. *blushes*

This is why:

"But now that I've made swimming into this great big thing, I feel nervous. Especially alongside someone like Rowan, who's probably got salt water flowing through his veins."

That part about salt water flowing through his veins is just magical. I can't wait to tell you what I think once I'm finished reading it.

I will be updating weekly, or something like that, on my progress.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaand those two sentences were enough to make me want to read the book.

    Hope you post your discoveries throughout your challenge! I have no doubt you'll hit a chapter a night without a snag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, fellow campaigner! I'm not in your group (but I am a YA author), but I still wanted to check out your blog and say, "HI!"

    Good luck on your challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm in your campaign, so I'm stopping by to introduce myself.

    And oh my heck! I would DIE to read WANDERLOVE! I love Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete