Aug 12, 2011

Follow Friday


How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? Or if you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

---

Is it bad that I still consider myself a teen? I'm kind of straddling the line between older teen and adult. So to answer the question, my reading habits have changed greatly from thirteen-year-old me to now me. 

Back in middle school and early high school before the Twilight Era, I enjoyed reading books like The Clique, Faking 19, and Gossip Girl. In fact, Lisi Harrison was the author who inspired my love for writing fiction.

Now I enjoy anything supernatural, fantasy, dystopian, horror, anything that can scare the crap out of me. I think I like now me a little better than thirteen-year-old me. Who knows, maybe in the near future I might even venture into the adult fiction realm. 

5 comments:

  1. I was obsessed with the Twilight Saga back in the day. Now that I look back it's kinda embarrassing that I was a hard Twifan. I've also read The Clique and Gossip Girl. After awhile those books got way too girly for me.
    Anyway, New follower and looking forward to future posts!
    Check out mine:
    http://pagingthroughlifewithgrace.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-4.html

    Don't forget to check out my latest giveaway too!

    Thanks!

    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Grace. My family members were the ones who actually got me hooked on Twilight. And it totally changed the way I read now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat as you! I used to love the Clique series and even though I'm on the verge of leaving my teens, I still love YA. Great answer!!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete