children's writer

Forbidden Love

Jun 13, 2011

In light of all things swoon worthy, I just had to blog about my new favorite fictional couple, Valarie and Peter from Red Riding Hood.

It wasn't just that these two people or rather there actors, were extremely attractive. It was their extra hot chemistry that practically seeped out of the screen into my pores that left me feeling a little awestruck and somewhat jealous.

Valarie and Peter were very comparable to Allie and Noah from the Notebook. 

As a writer, I sometimes wonder how I can create those same feelings with written words. How can I make the readers feel that same desire (PG-13) they feel when watching those scenes between Valarie and Peter or Allie and Noah without the special effects and gorgeous actors. And yes, I know that both The Notebook and Red Riding Hood are novels adapted into films. 

I think it’s more than just having my characters be in the right place at the right time. In fiction, it's the almost aggressive nature of the scene that makes it extra swoon worthy. It’s reading between the lines. It what’s not being said but is so obvious you can almost feel it. A good romantic seen makes you wish that you were that girl or guy being sought after.

Valarie, Peter, Allie, Noah, Heathcliff and Catherine had that extra special something that made their scenes together invigorating for me. Their love was forbidden, and that made every single moment I spent with those characters unforgettable.  

I love rooting for the underdog because even if they may come across as jerks, I get it. And that makes me love them even more.

Red Riding Hood comes out on DVD tomorrow. 

Image from Weheartit.
2 comments on "Forbidden Love"
  1. come on, there's nothing more attractive than forbidden love! and so fun to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete