children's writer

Follow My Book Blog Friday (2)

Jan 13, 2011


What makes up your non-human family?

Sadly, my only non-human family passed away a couple of years ago. He was a hamster I'd named, Ming, and his life was cut short after a couple of kids poured juice on him. I woke up to find him dead the next day in his cage, kids can be so cruel. He was the only "real" pet I ever owned other than a couple of tropical fishes and a huge, creepy fish my father bought that was always staring. Although, I'd really like a rabbit or a teacup piglet, I've already got names picked out for them. 

Happy Blogging!
17 comments on "Follow My Book Blog Friday (2)"
  1. Awwww, your poor hammie's death makes me so sad. I've had four hamsters in the past and only one died naturally. The others were suffocation behind furniture, breaking a tooth off and having to be put down, and a diabetic coma. I really can't do hamsters anymore, the sad deaths really take a toll on me :(

    Haha sorry for being a downer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to own another hamster but the cage got thrown out. It's a shame they don't live very long lives. I'm sure they're in a much better place now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, condolences. What are the names you have picked out for them?

    New Follower!

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sniffly Kitty. I was thinking Olivia for the rabbit and I want the piglets name to be Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hopping by from Follow Friday. Aw- sorry to hear that. I only have a fish, but he’s gorgeous. Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Brandi. Thanks for the condolences, and hopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I know the feeling of losing a pet.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The members of my non-human family? A feline and two fish tanks. Pictures and explanations on my blog – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank God It’s Follow Friday!

    Enjoy the weekend,

    Howard Sherman
    Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments. I really enjoy reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Happy Friday I'm just stopping by for Follow Friday and the hop. I can't believe its Friday already but I hope you have a fabulous weekend and get lots of reading done.

    Danielle
    Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww that's horrible, I'm so sorry that kids were that thoughtless and you lost Ming. I have two boxer dogs and I adore them, I will be a complete mess when it comes their time to go! I'm a huge YA fan and it seems you are as well so I'm glad to have found your blog:) I'm a new follower and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jenny, Emma, and Danielle thanks for commenting and following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is your Friday going? I'm a new follower. Check me out at www.phaedrashowandtell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Phae. My Friday is the same as always, just doing some reading around the web. Thanks for following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by to wish you a happy hop!

    ReplyDelete