children's writer

Cover Crazy (1)

Jan 10, 2011
Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by Tawni over at The Bookworms. This week's pick is Luminous by Dawn Metcalf.


What I Love
  • Well, first of all, I absolutely love that the girl on the cover, as well as in the novel, is of a different racial background compared to many other YA novels.
  • I love how the purple of her blouse blends into the purple of the background.
  • I love the butterflies. I love the way they were incorporated into the cover art, or should I say they are the cover art. 
  • The font is simple and not too loud, so it doesn't take away from the cover one bit.
  • I love the way, Luminous, just rolls of your tongue, and you can almost feel just how amazing this novel is going to be.
This is on my 2011 list of wants (now).
12 comments on "Cover Crazy (1)"
  1. Wow! This cover is stunning! I haven't even heard of this before, but I really want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's probably one of the best covers of 2011. The designer did a stunning job.

    Thanks for the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this cover. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really have much interest in reading this book, but every time I see that cover I'm tempted anyway. I love the colors on this one and the butterflies are beautiful. There's so much vibrancy and movement. I agree with all your points. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cover is one which I really adored. I love every aspect you've mentioned. Its just a really cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, all of you. I really appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterflies are my favorite part!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen that one but it is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you! Its a gorgeous cover!
    This is book is on TBR pile, i added it because of its beautiful cover!!!:D

    here is my Cover Crazy post..
    http://blogonlinerandom.blogspot.com/2011/01/cover-crazy-3.html

    P.S. Super cute blog layout!:D

    ReplyDelete