Dec 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions

Read at least 50 books
I'm usually a pretty diligent reader but this year I did hardly any reading at all. I always ended up "cheating" on my current read with another book and needless to say, it never ended well.
Read more books by debut authors
Earlier this year, upon starting this blog, I realized that I am seriously behind. A lot of the books I own are from "ancient times" and some of the books that I bought earlier in 2010 probably would have been considered old then too (not that there's anything wrong with that). :)
Be more consistent with my blogging
If you've visited this blog before you might have noticed that I deleted all of my old posts,  my only blogging goal as of 2011 is to post more in a more consistent pattern.
Interact with other bloggers
This one is really something I need to start getting into. I do read all of the blogs that I follow and I enjoy discovering new blogs, but I don't always comment.
Write a little everyday
One thing that I've learned in 2010 is that I personally have a greater chance of losing interest in a project if I stay away from it for too long. By writing a small amount everyday I am bringing myself closer to my goal without the feeling of exhaustion.
Never give up
Earlier in 2010 I stared a new project that I was completely in love with. I loved everything about my new main character, her voice, her flaws, everything. When Nano came around the idea that I had for it excited me but I couldn't get the voice quite right. I mean, it sounded okay in my head but it just didn't translate well once typed. Now, I'm bringing in the new year with a new wip as well as two incomplete ones. 2011 will be the year I complete a novel even if it never sees the light of day.

2010 was an okay year for me, better than the last, but nowhere near what I'm  hoping 2011 will be like.

Have A Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Hey there :)! I just popped in as a visitor - been browsing quite a few "2011 New Years Resolutions" blogs recently. Your collection of resolutions here sounds promising and interesting indeed! :)

    You write novels? that's way cool! :D

    Personally I only put down 2 main resolutions for now... that is (similar to yours) to read more..and to fight procrastination! hahaha :)

    (If you're interested by any chance) here's the link to my post I made a few hours ago :)

    http://ariane-elle.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-here-we-come.html

    I wish you all the best for 2011, and have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey! I'm a PB and MG writer and a blogger. Some of your resolutions match mine! Hop over to my blog and check it out.
    Gail
    PS I'm now your 23rd follower
    www.writefromthesoulvisualeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Gail. Thanks for the comment and following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some awesome resolutions! I totally need to read more often (more debut books too), interact with other bloggers, write a little every day, and never give up, too! Maybe I should edit my NYR post and add those... hehe. But I will for sure keep those in mind!

    I hope you have a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete